[vtk-developers] PlaceWidget

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Wed Feb 6 13:19:35 EST 2008

looking into this a bit further, there doesnt seem to be
a need to provide methods like
PlaceWidget(double xmin, double xmax, double ymin, double ymax, double xmin, double zmax)

for tcl when there is only
PlaceWidget(double bounds[6])

since one can always in tcl do
  set bnds [[some_filter GetOutput ] GetBounds]
  some_new_widget PlaceWidget [lindex $bnds 0] [lindex $bnds 1] [lindex $bnds 2] [lindex $bnds 3] [lindex $bnds 4] [lindex $bnds 5]

without having explicitly defined and wrapped the former method.  Same thing goes for
methods found in vtkHandleRepresentation and subclasses like
SetPoint1DisplayPosition, SetPoint1WorldPosition etc.

On another note, in experimenting with new/old widgets, I have over time
converted almost all widgets/testing/cxx files into tcl scripts that can be
run as examples ( no test harness code ).  If anyone at kitware or otherwise
would really like these to be in say Examples/GUI/Tcl I'd be happy to commit
them.  Perhaps there should be and Examples/Widgets examples subdir?

Dean