[vtk-developers] VTK and Tcl/Tk 8.5.0

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Mon Feb 4 18:36:47 EST 2008

Hello VTK users,

The official Tcl/Tk 8.5.0 release was announced a few months ago.
While we had added support for the alpha and beta 8.5 version in VTK
in the past, I only recently upgraded both VTK CVS, VTK's VTK-5-0
branch, and CMake 2.6/CVS's Tcl/Tk modules to fully support the 8.5.0
stable release. I also cleaned a few extra variables that had been
confusing for a long time.

A lot of build tests were performed in the past few weeks on Win32,
Linux and MacOSX, with different shared, static, release and debug
options. I'll start rolling some dashboards to make sure we catch
potential issues. Let me/us know if you encounter any problem.

Thank you

Note: Tcl/Tk 8.5 is a major new release that includes a fair amount
of improvements and bug fixes:
http://wiki.tcl.tk/10630

Note: ActiveState's precompiled Windows binaries do not include
static or debug libraries.  Tcl/Tk is notoriously hard to build on
Windows; feel fee to use our own Tcl/Tk 8.50 and IncrlTcl/Tk 3.4 Win32 build:
http://www.vtk.org/files/tcltk/tcltk8.5.0-bin-msdev7.zip
http://www.vtk.org/files/tcltk/itcltk3.4-bin-msdev7.zip