[vtk-developers] Patch for vtkPythonUtil.cxx

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Wed Aug 6 16:25:53 EDT 2008

Chris Kruszynski wrote:
> On 05-08-08 19:49, Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
> I have dug deeper into why the crashes occur while they shouldn't, and I
> have uncovered the cause: the vtkPythonHash is deleted from
> vtkPythonHashDelete(), which is a Py_AtExit callback. The documentation
> for Py_AtExit is very clear:

Excellent!  I noticed the Py_AtExit but did not realize the problem was
there.  I've checked in your patch with the test case as well.  Many thanks!

/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/vtkPythonUtil.cxx,v  <--  Common/vtkPythonUtil.cxx
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/Testing/Python/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--
Common/Testing/Python/CMakeLists.txt
/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Common/Testing/Python/TestExecuteMethodFinalizeCrash.py,v
  <--  Common/Testing/Python/TestExecuteMethodFinalizeCrash.py
initial revision: 1.1

I hope there is time to include these in the 5.2 release.  Thanks!

cheers,
prabhu