[vtk-developers] Problems with XML unstructured grid files on PPC?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Tue Aug 5 16:25:55 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have attached a trivial script which reads a .vtu file.  One was
created (for slightly different data) on an Intel Macbook and another on
a PPC machine.  The PPC machine can't read the file made on the macbook
and vice-versa.  Is this a bug?  I see this with VTK-5.2 and VTK-5.3.

Run the examples like so:

python bug.py foo.vtu
python bug.py foo1.vtu

Depending on your machine you'll be able to run one or the other.

Thanks.
prabhu