[vtk-developers] QVTKWidgetPlugin debug/release versions on Windows

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:51:21 EDT 2008

When using Windows, how do developers handle the problem of debug and
release versions of QVTKWidgetPlugin.dll?
The issue I have is that I have release versions of the library in my
path and consequently when I set QT_PLUGIN_PATH="C:\Program
Files\VTK\plugins" of course, it only picks up one version, namely the
release version.

Does anyone see any problems modifing:
IF(NOT VTK_NO_LIBRARY_VERSION)
  SET(VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES ${VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES}
    VERSION "${VTK_VERSION}"
    SOVERSION "${VTK_MAJOR_VERSION}.${VTK_MINOR_VERSION}"
    )
ENDIF(NOT VTK_NO_LIBRARY_VERSION)

IF(NOT VTK_NO_LIBRARY_VERSION)
  SET(VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES ${VTK_LIBRARY_PROPERTIES}
    VERSION "${VTK_VERSION}"
    SOVERSION "${VTK_MAJOR_VERSION}.${VTK_MINOR_VERSION}"
    DEBUG_POSTFIX "d"
    )
ENDIF(NOT VTK_NO_LIBRARY_VERSION)

Which will add a "d" postfix to the debug versions of the libraries?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Andrew.

Andrew J. P. Maclean
Centre for Autonomous Systems