[vtk-developers] vtkSeedWidget proposed modifications

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 15 18:30:36 EDT 2008

I've been working with vtkSeedWidget/Representation and noticed
some (IMHO) odd behaviour. When the widget is activated and seeds
are placed, the cursor is set to VTK_CURSOR_HAND.  When the
widget is deactivated, the cursor is not reset to default.
Also, if one defines a set of seeds, disables the widget,
then the seeds (vtkHandleWidgets) are disabled. If one
re-enables the seed widget, the seeds are NOT re-enabled.
Finally, if one presses the delete key, the seeds are deleted
from most recently added back to first added.  I would like
to propose the following changes, which I have implemented and
am prepared to commit if there are no objections:
1) on disable, reset the cursor to VTK_CURSOR_DEFAULT
2) on enable, if there are seeds already defined, re-enable those
   seeds and display them
3) seeds can only be deleted by delete key
4) if the user clicks on a seed, thereby setting the ActiveSeed in
   the seed rep, then that seed is deleted.  This required changing
   the stl container types in the widget and its representation to stl::list
   from stl::vector.

Dean