[vtk-developers] Possible bug in vtkDataSetMapper?

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Sun Sep 2 09:24:15 EDT 2007

No problem. The reason for this behavior is that the pipeline does not
look at the modification time of the data objects when computing
pipeline modification time. Therefore, modifying a data object has no
effect. The only exception to this is when a data object without a
producer is assigned as an input to an algorithm. In that case, the
data object's mtime is taken into account. There is also an API (I
can't remember the names of the methods) in the mapper (and many
algorithms) that allow you to use an array other than scalars. So, if
all you want is to color by an array, you don't need to use the
vtkAssignAttribute filter. For an example, grep for ColorBy in
VTK/Graphics/Testing/Tcl. Algorithms have the SetInputArrayToProcess()
method.

-berk