[vtk-developers] Directory-based commit checks and MetaIO

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Nov 14 21:00:11 EST 2007

Hello VTKers,

Stephen Aylward has created a centralized repository to share MetaIO
between ITK and VTK.  In order to track this repository safely we must
disallow commits to VTK/Utilities/vtkmetaio by most users.  I've
created a new commit check driver script that supports directory-based
rules.  It can be seen in "CVSROOT/commit-checks.py".  The following
rules are now in place:

Top-level CVS modules writable by all writers:

  'VTK',
  'VTKData',

(other older modules may no longer be written except by certain users).

The 'VTK/Utilities/vtkmetaio' directory is writable only by Stephen.
The 'CVSROOT' directory (which controls all commit checks) may be
written by these users:

  Will Schroeder
  Ken Martin
  Bill Lorensen
  Berk Geveci
  Bill Hoffman
  Brad King

A fairly informative error message is produced by the commit check for
users that try to commit to disallowed directories.

If anyone else requires access to the CVSROOT directory please let me know.

-Brad