[vtk-developers] Infovis toolkit broken on trunk?

Carlos Scheidegger cscheid at sci.utah.edu
Tue Nov 13 19:13:55 EST 2007

Hi,

	I'm trying to compile the CVS version of VTK on a MacBook running
Tiger, using boost 1.34, and Infovis/CMakeFiles/vtkInfovis.dir/
vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents.o fails with

/Users/cscheid/code/cpp/VTK/Infovis/
vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents.cxx: In member function 'virtual int
vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents::RequestData(vtkInformation*,
vtkInformationVector**, vtkInformationVector*)':
/Users/cscheid/code/cpp/VTK/Infovis/vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents.cxx:
92: error: no matching function for call to 'biconnected_components
(boost::vtkBoostUndirectedGraph&,
boost::vtkGraphEdgePropertyMapHelper<vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents::Requ
estData(vtkInformation*, vtkInformationVector**,
vtkInformationVector*)::PMap>&,
std::back_insert_iterator<std::vector<vtkIdType,
std::allocator<vtkIdType> > >, boost::vtkGraphIndexMap)'
make[2]: *** [Infovis/CMakeFiles/vtkInfovis.dir/
vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Infovis/CMakeFiles/vtkInfovis.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

$ g++ --version
i686-apple-darwin8-g++-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build
5367)

I'm building VTK with shared library support, using carbon, building
python bindings, with support for boost graph algorithms (which is
probably the most important piece of info given the context).

Thanks a lot,
-carlos