[vtk-developers] Timing restrictions for checkins?

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Tue May 29 14:34:45 EDT 2007

    >> cvs [commit aborted]: connect to
    >> public.kitware.com(66.194.253.19):2401 failed: Operation timed
    >> out
    >>
    >> It has been a while since I checked in anything.  Have I missed
    >> some new instructions?  Or has my checkin access been revoked?

    Brad> We've been having problems with the inetd server on public
    Brad> failing to listen to the CVS port for short intervals.  I
    Brad> bet you couldn't even do a cvs update just after the
    Brad> checkin.  It may work if you try again now.

You are right.  I did not do a cvs update but did do a 'telnet
public.kitware.com 2401' to eliminate proxy related issues and it
connected fine.  However, as you point out cvs update does fail for me
with the exact same message right now.  It did work around 5 hours ago
when I updated my working copy!

I'll try again tommorow morning then.  Thanks and sorry for the noise!

cheers,
prabhu