[vtk-developers] Supporting Resolution Independence in Cocoa

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu May 24 13:17:39 EDT 2007

On 2007-05-22 18:01, David Cole said:

>>We suggest that VTK APIs be pixel-based, for the above reasons and also
>>because OpenGL itself is pixel-based. If you agree, we could provide a
>>patch for Cocoa windows.
>
>I agree with this suggestion.

Great!

>If your patch is Cocoa-specific and all
>existing tests pass on Cocoa builds with your patch, then go for it. Just
>keep an eye on the non-Rogue Cocoa dashboards after your commit.

All tests do pass.  The patch is currently Cocoa-only, but someone will
hopefully fix the Carbon version one day too.  Well, technically, the
patch also touches other files but only comments.  For example, the
phrase "in pixels" was added to methods that set window size, etc.

>Is there conditional code based on Mac OSX version?

Yes.  It uses APIs only available in 10.4 and later, but they are
properly conditionalised.  We have only tested in 10.4 and 10.5 though,
we don't have access to 10.3 or older.

>You didn't submit the
>patch with your original email...

A review would be great, see attached.  I await your comments before
checking in.

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com