[vtk-developers] Bug in vtkXRenderWindowInteractor or vtkInteractorEventRecorder?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Mar 16 20:32:13 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm having the same issue that Andrew at Sandia ran into :
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2006-March/004062.html .
I'm unable to record using vtkInteractorEventRecorder. It just doesn't work.
The render window pops up and vanishes immediately.

The proposed fix adds an boolean ivar to vtkRenderWindowInteractor. The ivar
forces the interactor to handle the event loop, ignoring any overrides
(Overrides allow you to handle the event loop yourself - they may registered
by observing StartEvent on the RenderWindowInteractor). The bug in this
context, as outlined in the email is that the RenderWindowInteractor
incorrectly assumes that InteractorEventRecorder provides an override and
hence immediately returns after popping a render window.

So as to not expose this boolean to the public, the fix makes
vtkInteractorEventRecorder a friend of vtkRenderWindowInteractor.

Is there some trick in the InteractorEventRecorder that I'm missing here ?

Is this solution reasonable ? Comments ?

Thanks
--
karthik