[vtk-developers] Temporal Checkin about to take place

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Tue Mar 13 10:58:45 EDT 2007

Some time later today I will check in a fairly substantial change to the
vtkCompositeDataPipeline which fixes some problems with looping of
temporal data when a Temporal filter is connected to a simple one (or
for that matter a composite and/or temporal one). I shall activate a
TestTemporalCache2 which is in CVS, but currently not run.

This is almost certainly going to cause some redness on the dashboard
and I'd appreciate any assistance getting it green again afterwards.

I highly recommend not doing a cvs update until you have some confidence
that all tests are happy again and I apologize in advance for the
disruption caused.

I will also check in vtkTemporalStreamTracer which is a Particle Tracer
for unsteady vector fields and a pqParticleTracerPanel that has some GUI
controls for PV3. I do not intend to maintain PV2.x support for the
code/XML/GUI etc.

I will address style issues in the code over the coming days. I'd rather
commit stuff that is working and then gradually tidy it up rather than
the other way around. I hope you will forgive this indulgence.

Thanks

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch