[vtk-developers] vtkError -> "No input data" in vtkTransformPolyDataFilter

Bill McGrory mcgrory at aerosft.com
Tue Jul 31 13:30:22 EDT 2007

Can anyone explain to me why attaching a polyData which contains no
points to a vtkTransformPolyDataFilter should report an error message?

By my thinking, the behavior should really be allowed, and you should
siply create an empty polydata as an output in such a case.

If you, for instance, connect this filter to a pipeline for cutting
planes, or iso-surfaces, and the paramters result in empty data
upstream, I don't think that this should result in an error.

Any commments?

Regards,
Bill