[vtk-developers] TestSobel2D-image dashboard failures, anyone know anything about this?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Fri Jul 6 10:15:14 EDT 2007

On 7/6/07 12:51 PM, Mathieu Malaterre said:

>My guess is that the DICOM lib was not able to do the Big/Little
>endian check properly. Can you display correctly the image ?

Hi Mathieu,

Thanks for your reply.  I suspect you are correct, as it seems to be
failing only on PPC Macs.  I searched the bug database and there is a
(fixed) bug (2053) about TestSobel2D that was also due to endianness problems.

The image does not display correctly.  On my machine, it looks just like this:
<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-c++-cocoa/
20070705-0300-Nightly/Results/__Imaging_Testing_Tcl_TestSobel2D-image.html>

It doesn't look byte swapped though; but there could still be a swapping
problem elsewhere.

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com