[vtk-developers] SINTEF. Health.-MedTech-MacPro.-Xeon. OSX dashboard

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Feb 8 10:03:49 EST 2007

Hi all,

To whoever runs the 'SINTEF. Health.-MedTech-MacPro.-Xeon. OSX'
dashboard.  I've noticed it has many failing tests.  In case you are not
aware of why they are failing, I believe the reason is that you are
running the tests without a user logged in.  Maybe you have switched the
user running vtk into the background with 'fast user switching'?

The tipoff is this:

"INIT_Processeses(), could not establish the default connection to the
WindowServer.
*** Exception executing: Child aborted"

Only a logged in GUI user can connect to the WindowServer, and all the
vtk tests that display windows need to do that.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com