[vtk-developers] TestOpacity failing on Mac dashboards and memory corruption

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Feb 1 17:43:32 EST 2007

Hi all, me again :)

On several Mac dashboards TestOpacity is failing, on others it is
passing.  Has anyone looked at this?  We noticed something strange:

On midworld.kitware it passes, but if you look at the details:
<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-c++-carbon/
20070201-0300-Nightly/Results/__Rendering_Testing_Cxx_TestOpacity.html>

you will see the message:
"*** malloc[17039]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0x24109f0;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block;"

OTOH, on my machine the test fails, but there is no such error message!
Seems backwards. :)

Could someone with access to midworld try this:

1) open terminal
2) type the following (assuming bash):
export MallocPreScribble=1
export MallocScribble=1
export MallocGuardEdges=1
export MallocBadFreeAbort=1
3) run the test!

Also, this malloc error message is occurring on midworld for other tests
too, such as TestMultiBlock.  It seems to have started between Nov 2 and
Nov 4 2006:

<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-c++-carbon/
20061102-0300-Nightly/Results/__Graphics_Testing_Cxx_TestMultiBlock.html>

<http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/midworld.kitware/DarwinG5-c++-carbon/
20061104-0300-Nightly/Results/__Graphics_Testing_Cxx_TestMultiBlock.html>

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com