[vtk-developers] Bug in vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors.cxx

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Tue Aug 28 10:01:23 EDT 2007

At 8/28/2007 09:46 AM, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

>   Anyway I decided to track down the issue with vtkImageViewer2, and
>found out what the issue might be (see attached patch).
>   I am not sure I understand what used to be done before.

What used to be done is what is described in the description of the
class: the *first* component is mapped through the LUT. If not LUT,
the input data is passed through, and here the doc is apparently
talking about the first component, so in the case of anything with
more than one component is promoted to a gray scale image (hence the
copying). Changing that would break the behavior of that class IMHO
(i.e. it would no do what it used to do).
I did not look at the patch but you did not describe what you would
implement otherwise.