[vtk-developers] SQLite in VTK?

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Aug 7 07:44:05 EDT 2007

Yes, it is related to infovis.  We are adding superclasses
vtkSQLDatabase, vtkSQLQuery classes into VTK, with concrete subclasses
for SQLite and MySQL, as well as a Qt-powered sublcass that can work
with many SQL database types.  This is to allow things like
vtkSQLTableReader, a very useful reader for the new vtkTable data
object.  We would like to have one implementation just work out of the
box, which is why we are adding SQLite to VTK which has a relatively
short implementation.  The MySQL and Qt implementations will require
referencing external installations of these.

Jeff