[vtk-developers] compiler warnings, float vs double

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Aug 1 12:35:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'd like to fix a few compiler warnings related to implicit 64 to 32 bit
conversion.  For example in vtkRenderWindow.h:

  vtkSetClampMacro(AnaglyphColorSaturation,float, 0.0, 1.0);
  vtkGetMacro(AnaglyphColorSaturation,float);

the variable is float but the constants are double.

I could: 1) change the float to double 2) change the consts to 0.0f,
1.0f.  I seem to remember that in VTK 5 there was a big float->double
change.  So is solution 1 preferred?

Thanks,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com