[vtk-developers] Material library always builds

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Mon Apr 30 11:28:06 EDT 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 1:46:14 am John Biddiscombe wrote:
> [ 13%] Building CXX object VTK/IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/vtkMaterialLibrary.o
> [ 13%] Building CXX object
> VTK/IO/CMakeFiles/vtkIO.dir/vtkShaderCodeLibrary.o
> Linking CXX shared library ../../bin/libvtkIO.so
>
> I find it a little annoying that the dependencies for the material
> library always regenerate the code - no matter how many time you run
> make without touching anything (Paraview build in this case)
> Has anyone spent any time looking at this to see if it can be improved.
>
> JB

I'd like to see it fixed too.  I get it when using a very recent version of
CMake (Mar 30 CVS), but not if I use CMake 2.4.5.

Commenting out in VTK/Utilities/MaterialLibrary/CMakeLists.txt:
#ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(vtkMaterialLibraryConfiguredFiles ALL DEPENDS
#  ${vtkMaterialLibraryConfiguredFilesDependencies}
#  )

supresses it.  That's probably not the right fix.

Clint