[vtk-developers] VTK coverage data... Calling for test writing volunteers!!

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Apr 16 13:45:46 EDT 2007

Looking at the nightly VTK coverage status page (found here:
http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/dash6.kitware/Linux-g++-static/20070416-0300-Nightly/CoverageByStatus.html)
we appear to be relatively stable at out coverage level in the
low-60-%'s for quite some time...

Can I solicit any volunteers to take a look at the coverage table and
submit some new tests for VTK that will help us to improve our test
coverage numbers?

If you sum the files with low (243) or dangerously low (263) coverage,
we have over 500 source files in VTK that could use some additional
testing... Sorting by directory/file name, the low files appear to be
in many different sub-systems of VTK. So if you're a contributor, I'm
sure you could find a file in that list that could benefit from some
of your test volunteerism...!!

Any volunteers??

let me know what you're working on if you do decide to contribute some
extra tests for us... I'll make sure there aren't two people focusing
on the same file at the same time if you use me as a coordinator.

Thanks,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.