[vtk-developers] Strange memory leaks with vtkImageReslice

Mathieu Coursolle mcoursolle at rogue-research.com
Fri Apr 13 12:49:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am currently using vtkImageReslice class and am experiencing
some strange memory leaks.

If I execute this code, I have leaks only is I call SetInformationInput,
otherwise everything is fine. I looked in vtkImageReslice from what I
understood that image data is only use to read some parameters.

Does anyone understand what is happening here?

Thanks!

Here is my code:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
	vtkImageData* image = vtkImageData::New();
	vtkImageReslice* slicer = vtkImageReslice::New();

 slicer->SetInput(image);
	slicer->SetInformationInput(image);    <<< This line causes the leak!!!

 image->Delete();
	slicer->Delete();

 return 0;
}

This is the console output if the SetInformationInput call is done:

vtkDebugLeaks has detected LEAKS!
Class "vtkCellData" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkInformationVector" has 3 instances still around.
Class "vtkPointData" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkTrivialProducer" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkPoints" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformation" has 4 instances still around.
Class "vtkLine" has 4 instances still around.
Class "vtkInformationIntegerPointerValue" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkPixel" has 2 instances still around.
Class "vtkIdList" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkDoubleArray" has 8 instances still around.
Class "vtkAlgorithmOutput" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkInformationIntegerValue" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkVertex" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkImageData" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkInformationExecutivePortVectorValue" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkVoxel" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkFieldData" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline" has 1 instance still around.
Class "vtkInformationExecutivePortValue" has 1 instance still around.

Thanks a lot!

Mathieu

Mathieu Coursolle                   mcoursolle at rogue-research.com
Rogue Research                      www.rogue-research.com