[vtk-developers] Re: [vtkusers] Re: Fwd: Re: Compiling VTK-5.0.2 with Cygwin make

Steve Robbins smr at sumost.ca
Thu Sep 21 16:40:15 EDT 2006

Quoting David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:

> I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure WIN32 is *always* defined on
> Windows CMake, even under cygwin. You are using the cygwin cmake,
> right? ("which cmake" from your cygwin prompt should report
> "/usr/bin/cmake" as opposed to the one installed in program files...)

Yes, it's /usr/bin/cmake, and yes (using your "print it" debugging
technique) I verified that both WIN32 and CYGWIN are defined.

So scratch my theory...

According to the message statements I put into FindOpenGL.cmake, this
bit is indeed being executed

IF (WIN32)
   IF (CYGWIN)

     FIND_PATH(OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR GL/gl.h
       /usr/include
       /usr/include/w32api
       /usr/X11R6/include
     )

I put MESSAGE(STATUS "FindOpenGL: include dir is ${OPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR}")
right after this and it says /usr/X11R6/include was found.  However, I
do have /usr/include/w32api/GL/gl.h

srobbins at IMRISWS36{build-vtk}ls -l /usr/include/w32api/GL/gl.h
-rwxr-x---+ 1 srobbins Users 79874 Apr 14 07:56 /usr/include/w32api/GL/gl.h

so I have no clue why FIND_PATH() doesn't pick it up.

Yours in puzzlement,
-Steve