[vtk-developers] Guidance needed fixing problems doing 64bit compile on Mac OS X

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Thu Oct 26 12:47:01 EDT 2006

Is "void *" sufficient? In addition to the signatures of
InternalCreateTimer and InternalDestroyTimer, we need to consider
SetTimerEventPlatformId which is used from Tcl and Java via
vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor.

The signatures of protected/non-wrapped methods are fine for "void *",
but we need to allow for possible usage from the Tcl and Java
layers...

I would prefer using a "wide enough" integer as the platformTimerId
type simply to avoid any issues in the wrapping layers...

Thanks,
David