[vtk-developers] Adding vtkAbstractTransform::Shear() method

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Oct 17 08:40:41 EDT 2006

David-

I am working on a VTK widget:: vtkAffineWidget and its representation
vtkAffineRepresentation2D. I would like to support shears which as you
know are affine transformations. To do this I've thought about adding a
vtkAbstractTransform::Shear() method to do the actual fiddling with the
transformation matrix, patterning it after the basic linear
transformations Translate, Scale and Rotate (i.e., using the internal
vtkTransformConcatenation). Are you okay with this? Other suggestions?

Will