[vtk-developers] Proposed style changes

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Oct 11 10:51:30 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-10 21:28, Glen Lehmann said:

>> 2. vtkCocoaGLView.h is an objective C header file.
>>
>> #import "a.h" is equivalent to
>>
>> #ifndef __A_H
>> # define __A_H
>> # include "a.h"
>> #endif
>>
>> I think that's why there is no such #ifndef statement (and also there is
>> "@interface vtkCocoaGLView" instead of "class vtkCocoaGLView").
>
>vtkCocoaGLView.mm is an Objective-C++ file and within Xcode, I
>typically separate out my vtk pipelines into Objective-C++ files.
>Hence, I treat it more like a c++ file than an Objective-C file.
>
>Objective-C++ is a real mixed-bag, though, no matter how you look at
>it.  I guess the real question is: will this adversely affect any Mac
>developers out there?

I'm not clear on what change you want to make to vtkCocoaGLView.h.
Currently, it doesn't include any headers at all (except Cocoa.h)
instead it makes a few forward declarations.  Do you want to change the
forward declarations to #includes instead?  Or are you talking about an
'include guard' to allow #includer's of the header to include it several
times?  The latter seems fine to me.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com