[vtk-developers] Proposed style changes

François Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue Oct 10 22:23:39 EDT 2006

Two remarks:

1. vtkgl.h is a file generated in the build tree from
VTK/Utilities/ParseOGLExt/ParseOGLExt.cxx. It is not even in the source
tree (except if you built VTK in the source tree itself) and does not
define any class. So ParseOGLExt.cxx has to be changed instead (lines
611,612 and 696).

2. vtkCocoaGLView.h is an objective C header file.

#import "a.h" is equivalent to

#ifndef __A_H
# define __A_H
# include "a.h"
#endif

I think that's why there is no such #ifndef statement (and also there is
"@interface vtkCocoaGLView" instead of "class vtkCocoaGLView").

I have no objection for the other header files.

Glen Lehmann wrote :
 > Hi All,
 >
 > This may seem a little on the nit-picky side but I would like to
 > propose a few style changes to some of the vtk header files.  I have
 > an Xcode project that would be greatly simplified if all of the vtk
 > header files stuck to the following convention:
 >
 > #ifndef __[vtkClassName]_h
 > #define __[vtkClassName]_h
 >
 > class ...
 >
 > #endif
 >
 > The following is a list of header files that deviate from this
convention:

 > vtkActorCollection.h
 > vtkCocoaGLView.h
 > vtkgl.h
 > vtkGradientFilter.h
 > vtkImageLaplacian.h
 > vtkLightCollection.h
 > vtkMaterialLibrary.h
 > vtkMeshQuality.h
 > vtkMutexLock.h
 > vtkOpenGLExtensionManager.h
 > vtkPointSetSource.h
 > vtkPropCollection.h
 > vtkUnstructuredGridVolumeRayCastIterator.h
 >
 > If there are no objections to these changes, I will commit the fixes
 > tomorrow.
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 > Glen

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive