[vtk-developers] CMake, VTK, & AR problems

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed May 24 10:35:57 EDT 2006

As I move from one platform to the next, attempting to compile VTK on
windows, Linux, Irix, Tru64, etc.. One problem I consistently run into is
"Command line too long" with the massive AR commands.

Is it possible to change the makefiles to process 1 file at a time,
appending all the results into the library?  I'm doing this right now for a
Windows Install, having to cut-n-paste the list into a batch file to perform
the operation.  The single massive commandline makes debugging a pain and
keeps causing me grief.

Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist, ERDC MSRC
http://www.yeraze.com