[vtk-developers] GLSL shader/shaderprogram etc

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Wed May 3 07:59:25 EDT 2006

A while back, I made some changes to my copies of
vtkShaderProgram.cxx ,vtkShaderProgram.h ,vtkGLSLShader.cxx
,vtkGLSLShader.h ,vtkGLSLShaderProgram.cxx

so that they will function without OpenGL2 but instead use Gl Extensions
(vertex program, shader program etc etc). I've been sitting on these
changes for some time in the hope I'd get time to clean them and create
some "proxy" or other delegate type object to make them a bit less messy
- they are full of if (opengl2supported) then {...} otherwise {...}
but the functionality is essentially the same for either case.

I'm going to check these changes in, because I don't think I'm ever
going to find time to do a better job of it.

It primarily lets on do GLSL stuff on some laptops and desktops that
don't have gl2 drivers.

any objections or comments, please send...

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php