[vtk-developers] .NET wrappers for VTK

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 28 15:10:34 EST 2006

Andrew J. Dolgert wrote:
> I wrote wrappers to use VTK in .NET languages. The University of West
> Bohemia also wrote wrappers, but I needed them in the VTK CMake files
> along with Tcl, Python, and Java.
>
> - Writes wrappers in managed C++ v2.0, so it only works for Visual
> Studio 2005, not 2003.
> - Because CMake cannot create a managed C++ project, there is a Visual
> Studio macro to convert all of the CMake wrapper projects to managed.

Please submit a feature request to

   http://www.cmake.org/Bug

and give instructions on how to convert the projects.  Then the
generators could be updated with native support for generating managed
projects.

> - Includes a Windows Forms Control that looks much like the new
> vtkMFCWindow. The control does not show up well in design mode but works
> fine.
> - 10 examples in C#, one in managed C++.
> - Uses a single vtk namespace, like Python, but it could also use
> several, vtkCommon, vtkFiltering, etc, if we want that change.
>
> http://www.tc.cornell.edu/~ajd27/VTK/DotNetWrap.html
>
> Please tell me how I can contribute this work. I've tried to make this
> conform as best I can.

You can submit a patch here:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug

Discussion should continue in the bug report.

-Brad