[vtk-developers] vtk Coding style : Proposed change

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Mon Mar 27 06:24:33 EST 2006

Hi,

    John> base class on (I think) one file.<br> <br> You are the only
    John> one who maintains these classes - and I will probably be the
    John> one who maintains my classes. I would like to work with my
    John> code not a version of my code that has been mangled
    John> up. <font color="#ff0000">It will make no difference to
    John> anybody at all <font color="#000000">if I use my style on my
    John> classes, and therefore it is not worth enforcing it. The bad
    John> side is that I'll just continue doing what I'm doing now and
    John> not contribute anything new because I feel very strongly
    John> about it and I would rather keep the code the way I like

Not that the higher-powers would care but I'd prefer the style to be
the same.  However, if that is holding you back from contributing
something as important as a netcfd reader then I'm not sure if we
should be that fastidious.

BTW, could you please turn off HTML emails, or you'll have to put up
with quoting like what I have above.

cheers,
prabhu