[vtk-developers] vtk Coding style : Proposed change

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Sun Mar 26 17:31:54 EST 2006

John, I don't like the idea.

I realize it is an effort to convert to the VTK coding style, but I think
that coding styles should be consistent throughout a library. Otherwise it
gets difficult to read code as you constantly have to switch styles. It also
increases the possibility of missing subtle errors.

Surely it is not that much effort to fit in with the VTK style. With modern
text editors it should be simple to reformat. I think someone at VTK has
some scripts for this . but I may be wrong. I know there is an EMACS thingie
for VTK formatting floating around somewhere.

I don't use their style either and for the vtkParametric functions I had to
convert to their style. It took a bit of time but it also had the advantage
that when doing it I had to read the code and fixed up a few oddities etc.
in the code.

Regards

   Andrew

  _____