[vtk-developers] Re: VTKConfig.cmake new values

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Mar 9 15:35:48 EST 2006

Brad King wrote:
>> David Gobbi wrote:
>>> The name VTK_RUNTIME_DIRS is confusing too: it should have been
>>> named VTK_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS to make it obvious that it is meant
>>> for libraries, since "runtime" is a vague term.  Is it too late to
>>> change that one?
>>
>> It was added just before the VTK 5.0 branch was made (or shortly
>> after and was merged).  I'm not attached to the original name.  I'll
>> look into changing it in a somewhat compatible way.
>
> I've changed the name of VTK_RUNTIME_DIRS to VTK_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS
> and I'll have the change merged to the VTK 5.0 branch.  The old name
> is still provided and documented as there for compatibility.  Please
> update your projects that use this to use the new name.

Thanks.  To re-iterate, this will give the following four core paths for
VTKConfig.cmake:
VTK_INCLUDE_DIRS - compile-time include dirs
VTK_LIBRARY_DIRS - compile-time library dirs
VTK_EXECUTABLE_DIRS - executable path, e.g. "/bin" directories
VTK_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS - run-time library path: e.g. "/bin" on Windows
installs, "/lib" for UNIX installs

 - David