[vtk-developers] err building BCB5 shared

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at camris.ca
Thu Jan 5 10:04:37 EST 2006

Bill,

on XP, BCB5, CMake 2.2.3, I was getting
linker memory  error LME1518, access violation.
This is a different error (LME1564) than I was seeing
with clean experimental builds in Dec. for
Superior and Proximal. I cleaned out the XP build's bin directory,
recompiled and the static build now completes with no error.
Is there a dependency check problem with the new CMake?

Dean

At 10:19 AM 1/4/2006, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>At 03:50 PM 1/3/2006, Dean Inglis wrote:
>>Brad,
>>
>>done a shared build on Proximal, Win2k Pro SP4, CMake 2.0.6,
>>BCB5, IP4 hyperthread 3.06 GHz, 1 Gb RAM: no errors.
>>The makefile shows vtksys.lib on the link line.
>>I think the build on Superior should do the same with
>>erasing the binary install dir and starting from scratch.
>>
>>To get back to the ongoing linker problems, I ran two BCB5 static builds
>>on yet another XP box (XP SP2, IP4 3.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM) using CMake 2.0.6
>>and 2.2.3 with identical CMakeCache
>>settings (cg shaders on, debug leaks on, tcl wrapping on, etc.):
>>the 2.0.6 builds to completion but the linker fails on widgetsCxxTests.exe
>>with the 2.2.3 build!!! I am stumped! ( jb must be shaking his head )
>>Are there any particular build files I could run diff on that might
>>point to the cause of the linker problem?

I just tried a static build and widgetsCXXTests.exe builds.
What is the error you get?

-Bill