[vtk-developers] err building BCB5 shared

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Wed Jan 4 10:19:56 EST 2006

At 03:50 PM 1/3/2006, Dean Inglis wrote:
>Brad,
>
>done a shared build on Proximal, Win2k Pro SP4, CMake 2.0.6,
>BCB5, IP4 hyperthread 3.06 GHz, 1 Gb RAM: no errors.
>The makefile shows vtksys.lib on the link line.
>I think the build on Superior should do the same with
>erasing the binary install dir and starting from scratch.
>
>To get back to the ongoing linker problems, I ran two BCB5 static builds
>on yet another XP box (XP SP2, IP4 3.6 GHz, 2 GB RAM) using CMake 2.0.6
>and 2.2.3 with identical CMakeCache
>settings (cg shaders on, debug leaks on, tcl wrapping on, etc.):
>the 2.0.6 builds to completion but the linker fails on widgetsCxxTests.exe
>with the 2.2.3 build!!! I am stumped! ( jb must be shaking his head )
>Are there any particular build files I could run diff on that might
>point to the cause of the linker problem?
>
>Dean

We need to compare the link lines for the two (2.0.6 and 2.2.3) for widgetsCxxTests.exe.
make VERBOSE=1
(also for borland you will need to edit Modules/Windows.cmake, basically you need
to comment out this stuff:

IF(CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Borland")
  SET(CMAKE_START_TEMP_FILE "@&&|\n")
  SET(CMAKE_END_TEMP_FILE "\n|")
ENDIF(CMAKE_GENERATOR MATCHES "Borland")

Then do a make VERBOSE=1
Do that for both of them and send the link lines.  There must be a small differenece.

-Bill