[vtk-developers] vtkLightKit modified event

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 21 10:17:54 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I am writing an application that uses vtkLightKit to establish lights in
a scene.  I need to listen to the ModifiedEvent on the vtkLightKit so
that my application can respond to lighting changes so that renderings
and user interfaces can be updated.

After having troubles getting this to work, I looked at the code for
vtkLightKit and was surprised to find that it is not calling the
ModifiedEvent, and thus my application is missing changes to vtkLightKit
parameters.  I checked the CVS log and found that the offending code was
committed in April, 2005 (revision 1.18) with the log entry "BUG:
Modified was removed".  I don't know what that is supposed to mean.
Having the ModifiedEvent called is not a bug but rather the expected
behavior.  Is there a reason for vtkLightKit to not invoke
ModifiedEvent?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories