[vtk-developers] vtkImageWeightedSum

David Gobbi dgobbi at atamai.com
Thu Apr 20 15:51:57 EDT 2006

Hi Sven,

Would you want one stencil per input, or just one stencil in total?

Really, I guess that vtkImageBlend can already do a weighted sum
if it is set to "Compound" blending.  Can you check to see if
vtkImageBlend might do what you need?  The difficulty with
vtkImageBlend is that an image has either two or  four data
components per pixel, it assumes that the last component
is an alpha channel (e.g. LA or RGBA data).  As long as
the pixels only have one scalar component, though, it will
do the weighted sum as expected.

 - David