[vtk-developers] Submitting VTK Reader Classes

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Thu Apr 13 17:38:15 EDT 2006

Brian
> I will send it to you.  If I send you the vtkFLUENTReader.cxx and .h
> with the .xml chunks can you build it?  Or what is easiest for you?
cxx,h,xml is fine. I will build it alongside other custom modules of ours

> We have tested the reader with ParaView running in parallel, and you
> can see the mesh getting broken up into chunks.  But, I am not doing
> anything special in the reader.  I assume it is getting partitioned
> by another module in the pipeline.
I'd guess then that the reader is reading in the whole dataset on every
node, i.e. each piece contains everything - if this is the case, then I
can certainly help optimize things. I was planning on working on this on
our reader, but there were other things that needed cleaning up first.

Many thanks.

JB