[vtk-developers] Image multiple input filters, VTK 5 vs VTK 4

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Apr 5 14:15:11 EDT 2006

> If anyone thinks there will be any issues with
> this change, or if there are other VTK classes
> that need this change, please email me.

Please go ahead and do the changes, it will make the life of people
porting VTK44 app to VTK5 much easier !

As a side note, I would like to move the protected function to the
public ones:

vtkAlgorithm:
virtual void SetNthInputConnection(int port, int index,
                   vtkAlgorithmOutput* input);

So that VTK44 code:

vtkImageBlend blend
blend SetInput 0 background
blend SetInput 1 foreground

becomes:

vtkImageBlend blend
blend SetNthInputConnection 0 0 background
blend SetNthInputConnection 0 1 foreground

Comments ?
Mathieu