[vtk-developers] vtkImageWeightedSum

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Wed Apr 19 14:27:51 EDT 2006

I am in the process of converting some filters from slicer(*), and after
discussion we thought this would be better if some filters from slicer
would be merged in VTK (wider community, better testing...).
So I'd like to have something similar to vtkImageWeightedSum in VTK.

http://www.slicer.org/vtk/html/classvtkImageWeightedSum.html

I have a few options:

1. Just move the class in VTK,
2. Merge the change into vtkImageAppend to have a notion of normalized sum,
3. Enhance vtkImageMathematics to have multiple inputs.

I don't think option #1 is the right one. I like #2 since it's fairly
easy, but might not be obvious that a weighted sum could be found in an
image append. And option #3 make the most sense, but require quite a few
internal change.

Comments welcome,
Mathieu

(*)http://slicer.org