[vtk-developers] VTK and transparency problems

Wylie, Brian bnwylie at sandia.gov
Fri Sep 30 16:36:34 EDT 2005

Actually the Sandia folks were just talking about this today. :)

I'm assuming the cull face trick will avoid a z-sort of the polygons for
cylindrical, spherical, tubular geometries by making sure that back
faces (which tend to be 'farther' back in the scene) get rendered first
and then front faces (which tend to be 'closer' get rendered over the
back faces). Is that the jist?

Also I second putting this into VTK as default, or at least into
ParaView 2.4. :)

  Brian Wylie - Org 9227
  Sandia National Laboratories
  MS 0822 - Building 880/A1-J