[vtk-developers] Sized types: vtkInt32Type et al

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon May 30 15:37:27 EDT 2005

David,

I've gotten enough changes committed that you should be able to use it
for vtkImageReslice.  Please try it when you can and let me know if it
does what you originally did with vtkSizedTypes.h.

Brad King wrote:
> We propose a "vtkTemplateAliasMacro" that can be used
> in place of vtkTemplateMacro when such aliasing is safe.

I've added a "vtkTemplateAliasMacro.h" header file that defines this
macro.  It must be explicitly included to be used.

> A vtkTypeTraits class template with specializations for each native type
> will help solve these issues behind the scenes.

I've added a "vtkTypeTraits.h" header that defines a vtkTypeTraits
template with some useful information about each type.  It must be
explicitly included to be used.

The vtkType* typedef-ed names have been added to "vtkSystemIncludes.h".
  These type names should be available in any VTK source file.

-Brad