[vtk-developers] vtkReader Help

Brian Dotson Brian.Dotson at netl.doe.gov
Thu May 12 14:23:26 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Our CFD group at our lab would like to view their CFD results within
Paraview.  I wrote a translator to convert their CFD results to the VTK
file format, and that has been working pretty well, but they would
prefer that we write a vtkReader for their results, so they don't have
to translate everything.

I would like a little advice before I get started.

The output of the CFD simulation is an unstructured grid, and is stored
in a single file.  The results are also transient, and they are not
stored in a series of files.  One file may contain a 1000 timesteps.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Dotson
National Energy Technology Laboratory