[vtk-developers] VTK_USE_SYSTEM_FREETYPE

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Sat May 7 16:27:06 EDT 2005

Hello,

   I have added a new option to VTK: VTK_USE_SYSTEM_FREETYPE. This is OFF by default but this allow *advanced* user to turn it ON, and thus use a different freetype library than the one shipped with VTK.

   Now even if you a system libfreetype installed on your machine, the build should pick the proper header (since prefix by vtkfreetype now).

  Also this fix one issue reported here:

      http://bugs.debian.org/277602

   To sum up the situation two different libfreetype cannot coexits at run time...

Let me know if this create a problem for you,
Mathieu
Ps: did I mention this option is for advanced user, turn it ON only if you know what you are doing or if you have a reason to do so.