[vtk-developers] Interest in a vtkColor class?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Mar 25 10:42:57 EST 2005

Just one more suggestion regarding the color topic:

Consider supporting "Recognized color keyword names" (Section 4.2 of
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/types.html) as a base set of "pre-defined"
colors. Alternatively, perhaps there's some other already defined
standard that might be more appropriate in VTK's case. Remarkably, the
"named colors" found in Microsoft's .NET framework
System.Drawing.Colors, the KnownColor enumeration, appear to be derived
largely from the SVG named colors... Or perhaps it's just coincidence
that the lists both begin with AliceBlue, AntiqueWhite, Aqua and
Aquamarine... :-)

David