[vtk-developers] Patch to vtkWrapPython.c to make wrapped Python code GIL-friendly

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:32:55 EDT 2005

Dear list,

On 6/16/05, Charl P. Botha <cpbotha at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, it was a bit more complex than I thought.  In order to
> re-acquire the lock in the observer, I need the PyThreadState of the
> object that is being observed.  I had to inject this into the
> vtkPythonCommand instance itself.

Attached is the latest version of the patch.  The vtkPythonCommand now
gets and stores the PyThreadState in its constructor.  This is much
simpler than the previous explicit storing by the wrapping code.

I'm almost ready to commit, comments are really welcome.

Thanks,
Charl

c.p.botha ||at|| ewi.tudelft.nl - tu delft work-related email
cpbotha ||at|| cpbotha.net - everything else