[vtk-developers] Re: vtkpython_pyc target dependencies - followup

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Thu Jul 28 15:36:08 EDT 2005

Andrew,

It still beats me why it's failing for you. I wasn't able to reproduce
it - nor do any of the dashboards. I tried to reproduce your build, but
to no avail.

The error is cleary while converting the tcl testing scripts to python
tests. The conversion script yells for "-f" option when it was not able
to load the vtk module (which would indeed happen if vtkCommon.dll was
not found). Which could happen while  attempting to convert the test
before the compilation of all the kits(common, rendering etc..).  That
being the case, the conversion should fail for the first attempt to
convert. On closer inspection, we note that the all errors you indicated
were for the last test in the sequence of tests to be converted -
implying all the previous tests were converted - implying that vtk
python module is loadable - and that's curious!

Also, with the current CVS version(after 7/26/05) the error should have
changed since the tests are no longer converted individually (as on
7/25/05) but all the tests for a kit are converted in one shot.

Have you tried rebulding everything? Since I was changing the python_pyc
and testing dependencies as I was working on it, may be your build has
ended up in some weird state (yes, I am out of options!).

Utkarsh