[vtk-developers] Dashboard

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Jul 19 09:58:15 EDT 2005

I fully endorse Ken's efforts in cleaning up the dashboard, especially as
we head towards a VTK 5.0 release. One strategy I've been using to check in
new code (especially code that is likely to cause problems) is to call on a
"dashboard buddy". The buddy's job is to help cover my butt in case I get
distracted with administrivia, or there are problems that I need help with.
For example, Dave Cole and Brad King helped me with the widgets check in
and the modification to the CMakeLists.txt files. The key, besides the
usual good protocol of checking in early to see what the continuous does,
is to either 1) make sure you have the time to handle any problems the next
day, or 2) find a buddy before check in with the expectation that you will
work together once the check in occurs.

Will