[vtk-developers] Exceptions in Tcl wrapping

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 15:22:45 EST 2005

Hi guys,

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:46:33 -0500, Andy Cedilnik
<andy.cedilnik at kitware.com> wrote:
> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
>
> >Didn't Charl post a patch for this (for Python wrappers) a long while
> >ago?  Here is the thread:
> >
> >http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2004-March/002806.html
>
> Guess I need to look at the history a bit before I start working on the
> Python code.

Eventually Ken Martin suggested rather modifying vtkImageImport to
trap exceptions and to convert them to vtkErrorMacro() calls.  This
solved the VTK->ITK->VTK exception handling problems for all
languages, and so this solution is the one I checked in.

There were concerns with having try ... except clauses around all
wrapped call invocations, but that patch is available at the URL
Prabhu pasted if you're interested in having a squiz, Andy.

Good luck,
Charl